Sunday, January 30, 2011

Review: Buried



This movie recently came out very quietly.  When I heard both the premise and that Ryan Reynolds was in it I had to watch it.  I'm glad I did.

The movie is about a guy who gets buried alive.

Intense.  That's how I would describe this movie in one word.  The entire movie is set in the coffin and the only person you ever see is Reynolds.   Thus, a very unique film and acting opportunity.  Over the course of the movie, other characters are introduced but never more then a voice over the phone.  There are some moments that are very over the top and almost silly but as the movie progressed those moments quickly faded.  Reynolds was able to display his harsh wit even in this suspense film, though it was a bit cruder then I'm used to.  The ending was SOOO good too.  I'm sure the avid watcher would figure it out but I allowed the film to get me there.  Overall, very pleased with this work.  I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Crazy. I know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment