Monday, April 18, 2011

Review: Wristcutters


I had heard through the grapevine that Wristcutters was a good indie film.  It was centered around suicide and death, so it was a natural pick for me.

Wristcutters centers around Zia.  Zia, overwhelmed by the breakup of his girlfriend Desiree, cuts his wrists and ends his life.  What he comes to find on the other side, is not pearly white gates or even fire and brimstone.  Instead, he is left in a world much like the world he left, only slightly worse.  Soon, he discovers a new resident in the limbo of suicide has arrived.  Zia and his new found friends go on a seemingly endless journey, looking for someone.  In time, they each discover what they are really needing.

Likes - I really liked the subtle sensibilities of this movie.  This movie wasn't over the top, which was what I was looking for.  It had a good message and enough charm to make it stick.

Dislikes - There wasn't anything in particular I didn't like about this movie.  

Overall - I enjoyed this film.  It was a light affair into dark humor.  It fit my mood perfectly.  I recommend this to anyone looking for the lighter side on death. 3.5 out of 5 stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment