Saturday, February 26, 2011

Review: Party Down Season 2

I had watched the previous season and I found it up my alley.  A friend of mine suggested watching it, due to the humor and the slew of familiar actors and actresses in it.  After loving the first season, it was only natural that I would check out the second season.

The 2nd season starts off with Henry in his new role of team leader for the Party Down crew.  After losing Casey from the previous season, he was trying his best to move on into something stable.  From there, we see things unfold in some hilarious ways.

I have to say I really enjoyed this season.  The guests stars were great, many of them appearing before they'd become household names/faces.  The center stage though was about Henry and Casey working through their feelings and new situation of not dating.  The range of comedy displayed I think is pretty diverse, mainly because the crew members each have their own comedy stylings going on.  Overall, I'd say its more on the dry side, but things get pretty crazy and raunchy too.  There is lots of swearing and a fair amount of nudity, both of which I always enjoy.  Overall I give it 4.5 stars.  The nice things is both seasons are instant stream right now and are only 10 episodes long.  So it's a nice quick fix of laughs.  This is one show though where more episodes would definitely would have been nice.  And overall, its's a happy ending for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment