Monday, February 28, 2011

Review: Devil


Devil is the latest thriller put out by M. Night Shyamalan.  I think if you go into this film not knowing that, it might actually help the experience.  This is one of the new horror films that have come out and I decided to give it a whirl.  

The story is about a random group of strangers who find themselves trapped in an elevator.

Overall, I enjoyed this film.  I did not at all think of this as an 'M.Night' film while watching and that lack of expectation helped me enjoy this film more.  There wasn't anything astounding or ground breaking here. The pacing of the film though was great.  It kept things going and there were plenty of moments of intrigue as well as confusion (in a good way) and panic.  I think this movie is better then the majority of the horror films that come out.  Still, this is one we'll all forget soon enough.  The cast of characters was typical as it started out. But in time we learned more and more of our strangers.  Despite such a small cast set in a such confined space, you really didn't get to know many of them that well.  You just learn enough that satisfies the plot.  In this film, though thats no big loss. The plot is what takes center stage, not the characters.  For a cheap thrill, I'd say this film would do the job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment