Saturday, March 5, 2011

Review: Salt


Salt looked like it could have potential to be more the the typical action thriller.  Also, despite all the gossip news, Angelina can bring home a great performance if she is able to.  So I gave it a go. 

Salt is an action film about a women whose picture perfect life is shattered once she is accused of being a Russian sleeper spy.  The film follows her as she tries to stop the very plot she is accused of propitiating.  

This movie was decent.  The plot has a fair share of twists and turns.  Salt had its moments were I was deeply engaged.  This lead to me figuring out many of the mysteries and strange happenings long before the credits rolled.  There was a big twist near the end that I must admit I didn't see.  At least not entirely.  As far as action goes, there was a good amount, though not as much as I was expecting.  Salt was tense at times but also also had some great explosive action scenes.  Overall, I didn't get sucked into this film.  It did everything right but I still feel like its missing something.  With that, I'm sure there are many others who most likely 'get it'.  I think I'm in the minority when I say I didn't get into this at all.  I give it 3.5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment