Sunday, March 6, 2011

Review: Case 39

I was bored and desperate to find a movie to watch, since most my friends were predisposed.  I had already finished watching the Netflix discs I'd already received.  I wanted to watch something I didn't have high hopes for nor would be terribly engaging.  Something easy to follow.  I got it with Case 39.


Case 39 follows the story of a child social worker who attempts to protect a child from her insane parents.  As she tries to go above and beyond in caring for the child, she comes to learn the reason for the parents' paranoia.  Soon, she herself becomes the next victim of this child's senseless subtle rampage.

As far as horror movies go, this isn't that bad.  I think it was disturbing and scary without being over the top.  The plot seemed to make sense and was solid.  There wasn't much on twists or surprises with this one, though.  Not to say that's a bad thing.  They film was like a parent teaching a kid how to ride a bike, with its arm firmly guiding the audience.  If you are looking for a mind fuck type of experience, stay away from this one.  If you want your skin to crawl, this is for you.  Overall, the film was enjoyable, given my mood and expectation.  I would recommend this, being clear that its easily forgettable but fun while is lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment