Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Review: It's Kind Of A Funny Story

This movie has Zach Galifianakis and is about being in a mental ward.  It was perfect for me.

The film follows Craig, a young teen hard hit with puberty and pressure to succeed.  Looking for a quick fix, he gets himself admitted to a mental ward.  Realizing he will be treated the same as anyone else, he gets some very unexpected, but much needed, life lessons.  And ultimately an introduction to reality.

Likes - I really enjoy the realistic approach of life this movie has.  And despite that, it still tends to lay the humor on, though very subtly.  It was exactly what I was expecting.  This was also a much welcomed change watching Zach G.  Though not the star, his supporting role really helps bring life and a tender heart to the experience.  This film is tender, heartfelt, and still funny, in a light chuckle kinda way.  It's a great date movie. 

Dislikes - Honestly there isn't anything I didn't particularity like.  This movie though doesn't have a breakthrough edge to make it last the test of time.  

Overall - I really enjoyed this film.  So much so, I wanna buy it.  Maybe because it strikes a special cord with me.  Do yourself a favor and watch it once.  I think it'll help you understand some people aren't as well equipped as everyone else.  But it still doesn't mean they don't feel the same as you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment