Sunday, December 12, 2010

Review: Archer Season 1


So on the eve of starting my new job and at the suggestion of a friend, I decided to watch this show.  I've heard good things about it and the team that made it is one I trust.  

Archer is about Sterling Archer and the day-to-day operations of the ISIS agency.  Most of the cast is comprised of the 'drones' that help the agency gears running.  To make matters more awkward, Sterling's mother is the head of the agency.

Despite the dangerous setting of espionage, the series plays out more like a more brash version of the Office.  There are many office relationships that just give awkward and hilarious moments.  The sexual content is thick, as if written by a depraved high school boy.  The delivery makes it entertaining though.   Sterling is the main focus.  He is a man who is a great field agent but a terrible human being.  His co-workers constant adjusting, and sometimes ignoring of, make for some good jokes.  

This is a 10 episode season. I just went for it and watched them all.  Overall I enjoyed it.  It was silly, and at times over-the-top.  Other times the banter between the employees was enough to make me chuckle.  I'm not one to shy from sexual humor, which worked to my favor.  Archer is riddled with it.  Really, Archer didn't leave a huge impression on me because it wasn't totally original to me, but I enjoyed it alot.  I'll give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment